Dating back to the 12th century, the 800-year-old “Lesehof” (reading court) in Senftenberg, offers a special ambience. In gratitude for the liberation of Vienna in 1683, the Prince of Starhemberg received the court and accompanying vineyards as a gift. After serving as a reading court for the princely domain for centuries, the court stood largely empty during the second half of the 20th century. 20 years ago, it was bought, adapt and renovated by the Nigl family. Since then it operates as a restaurant and hotel. The hotel in Senftenberg, near Krems, offers twelve comfortable rooms. The hotel and restaurant, in the front part of the wine estate, welcome guests, while the rooms for wine tasting are housed in the back.